This looks amazing and disturbing and I am so going to see it when it comes out. As a ballet dancer, there is a certain fascination that I have always had for Swan Lake and the Odette/Odeill dynamic. One dancer gets to play two amazing parts, showcasing two different sides of a woman. In all my professional years dancing I only ever played a swan in the corps de ballet, but did plenty of performances as the Swan Queen in my bedroom growing up! (I got rave reviews by the way. ;)
I've always had a kind of love/hate relationship with ballet. Very white swan / black swan in a way. So, on this note I should announce that I am going to be starting a new series on this here blog:
The Bad Ballerina Series
I will be sharing easy DIY's and crafty tips for all dancers, former dancers and people who just plain love ballet, but maybe aren't the most prim and proper of ballerinas. Stay tuned!
5 comments:
this is a very cute idea. :)
Thanks Kaitlyn. Glad you like it. I am sending you a special something in the mail soon, so be on the lookout!
ooooo that movie looks so viciously mean grl! hope it isnt 2 scary ;)
Wow this looks great! Thanks for sharing the video.
we should go see it together. i'm curious to see natalie portman try to do ballet. she looks good in the previews. looks like a total mind trip, but then again every day in class is a mind trip.
Post a Comment